Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hi Folks This neck of the woods has been neglected as usual, sorry for that, but for all you diehard blog viewers (and you alone) here's an exclusive look at a page from PARADISE MECHANISM. This is a story that was plotted by myself and my wife(where all the best ideas come from) for David Lloyd's new digital project. Matt Soffe did such a great job on the colours I wanted to preview a page here---I've used my black and white page, but blended the colors on to show both examples. I'm really looking forward to this story coming out. In the meantime I'm back on Signal Man...more on that in the next posting:) come back again soon. cheers for now.

3 comments:

john said...

Beautiful subtle colouring, he hasn't drowned the original images at all.

Fanzpo said...

David, as usual, your work rocks!!! The colors look great and I can't wait to see more signalman and anything else you're doing. hopefully, when I come up with some more cash and when you have time i'd would love to commission you for another piece. I think the Carnival of Amazing piece needs a friend!!! - Take care and keep up the great work.

David said...

Thanks for passing by, Chad. Yes, certainly the Carnival of the Amazing was a great commission idea to work on. At the moment I'm getting back on track with Signal Man, but just hitting the drawing board one day a week doesn't allow for much to be done. There have been major changes at work also which now means I have to do all the cartoons for the newspaper in my own home time, which cuts into any possible comic work as well. Although I enjoy comic work I have to concentrate on the bill-payimg work. Thanks for the kind words on Paradise Mechanism, there should be more news from David Lloyd on it's release soon.... this whole thing will be well worth downloading:)