Sunday, March 15, 2009



VAMPIRE WEEKEND
Hello all,
Been busy this weekend, hunched over the drawing board, working into the small hours under the flickering glow of the oil lamp I pulled out all the stops on a couple of vampire peices. Nosferatu's Shadow - I tried to get some of that old Germanic 20s look into it. The dread in the woman's eye's as she realises she is frozen to the spot by the Count in the doorway.
The other peice I've called 'Lurker', due to the ominous figure in the background...he's just a little bit too late for his Miller's Court rendezvous.

Needless to say, I've not done any Madam Samurai this weekend, but I'll be back to it next week, fresh as a daisy. Signing off for now....

1 comment:

Brian Jones said...

Love the Nosferatu piece, you really captured the look and feel of that era and the silent film.
The Lurker piece looks like we've stumbled into the wrong place at the wrong time. I like how you did the vampire's eyes and the Ripper is a nice added surprise.
Two great pieces Dave!