Monday, December 18, 2006

Season's Greetings one and all

This is a slightly belated ramble about the International Comic Show in Brum a few weeks ago. I thought that Shane did a great job with the venue and organisation myself, with only the odd problemo here and there (and let's face it, pretty much EVERY con suffers with folk not turning up at the last minute don't they?). The venue itself was nice and snazzy, every bit the type of place a comic con should be held at, with it's own 'lake' in the middle of the event, and various comic related units, a bar, cafe and theatre positioned around it, there was something for everyone. The two main areas were a tad small, but I did tremendously well with the hardcover. I only took 40 copies with me, as I travel by train, well I WOULD have done if Central Trains were not doing their engineering work! Instead they laid a bus on...great:( I contemplated going back home on Saturday night to get more books, but luckily I didn't (as quite tyically again) Sunday was just a chat day,
all in all it was a good weekend. And if next year's guests are concrete..then that should be fantastic! I'll defintely be attending the next show, rumoured to be earlier in the year (another smart move Shane)
Anyway, I'm signing off for now, I hope you all have a great Christmas, and a propserous New Year. -The Boar

No comments: